- Category: News Story
Upcoming Events on and around Island Estates
VOLUNTEER to help hungry people and make a difference!
STOP HUNGER NOW meal packaging - October 15, starting at 10 am
Chapel-by-the-Sea on Clearwater Beach is partnering with Stop Hunger Now to package food for families in needy countries. Stop Hunger Now is an international hunger relief organization that has provided over 110 million nutritious meals to families in more than 43 countries.
The chapel is looking for volunteers on Saturday, October 15 to help for between 1-3 hours. To volunteer, call Rick Owens (727.441.3760) or Shari Maxwell (727.446.0430).
Yes, you can make a difference!
Third Annual Monster Mash Halloween Costume Parade - October 29
Fun for kids of all ages and pets!
Parade line up begins on Dory Passage north of Publix shopping center (the street will be closed for the parade). Parade line up at 10:30 am, parade begins 11:00. Pizza and treats follow parade.
Causeway Cleanup - Saturday, November 12 from 9-11 am
Our final 2016 Memorial Causeway Cleanup!
Just in time for the arrival of our winter residents and visitors, we will be teaming up with the Clearwater Beach Rotary Club and the City of Clearwater for our last causeway cleanup day of 2016.
Sign in at the northwest corner of Memorial Causeway and Island Way. Community service hours credited for students. Trash Pickers, bags, gloves and bottled water provided.
Town Hall Meeting - Monday, November 14 - Island Way Grill - 7 pm
The IECA's annual Town Hall Meeting provides residents with important news and information and holds elections for officers and directors for open positions.
The agenda will include an update on the Publix store construction, an update on the CMA construction project, a Pinellas Health Department update on the Zika virus, a Clearwater police department update and the City engineering department update on the bridge repairs and the storm drain monitoring. All Island Estates residents are encouraged to attend.
Winter Social - December 13 - Island Way Grill
At Island Way Grill, Tuesday, December 13, from 5:30-7:30 pm. Free to IECA members and non-members can join at the door!
What does the IECA do for you?
The IECA is both a service and a social organization. On the social side, we sponsor a number of events every year to bring the community together, including social events at Island Way Grill, the Spring Block Party, the Fall Fun Run and the Halloween Parade.
Our current efforts and past achievements to provide needed services to the neighborhood include:
We help to make our island beautiful
- After a two-year effort, secured a $14,000.00 grant from the City of Clearwater to improve landscaping at the entry and Island Way medians
- Maintain the landscaping and flower beds at the entrance to Island Estates
- Last year negotiated an agreement with the City to have them maintain the Island Way medians north of the entrance, providing huge cost savings
- Maintain and replace the American Flag at the neighborhood entrance, and provide flag lowering on appropriate occasions, including a 9/11 ceremony
- Install and store a fabulous holiday light display at the neighborhood entry from Thanksgiving to New Year’s each year
Keep our causeway clean
- Host four Memorial Causeway cleanup days every year as part of our agreement with the City to “adopt” the trail from the Memorial Causeway Bridge to the Mandalay Channel Bridge
Work to keep our residents safe and preserve our property values
- Have an assigned liaison officer from the Clearwater Police Department who attends all Board meetings and provides updates on crime reports and crime prevention programs
- Interface with numerous City departments to keep Island Estates residents informed of code changes, new projects like the bridge repairs, property development applications and other issues of interest to the Island
- Maintain strong communications and good working relations with the Mayor, City Council, and other officials at the City
- Respond to questions and concerns about conditions that may be code violations and interacting directly with the City Code Enforcement department to correct violations where needed
Keep residents informed
- Provide an up to date website with information about the IECA and the neighborhood, and email newsletters with current information about the neighborhood, the City and the beach community of interest to our residents
- Act as representatives of Island Estates at the Clearwater Neighborhoods Coalition and the Clearwater Chamber of Commerce
- Host an annual Town Hall Meeting each November to elect officers and directors, to provide in person presentations about current events and to inform the residents about our budget and accounting for the use of funds paid by our members during the year
Engage our community
- Provide promotional opportunities for Island Estates businesses
- Deliver welcome baskets to new Island Estates residents
- Hold an annual island-wide, neighborhood garage sale, promoted by running advertising in local media
Hold events that bring neighbors together
- Spring and winter IECA member socials at Island Way Grill
- Spring Block Party
- Fall Fun Run
- Halloween Parade
IECA Membership has even more benefits!
With your IECA Membership card, you can receive discounts from local restaurants and businesses. For complete details, CLICK HERE
To join the IECA, CLICK HERE
Are you on our email list?
The IECA sends monthly updates on IE news and events by email. If you do not currently receive emails from the IECA, click here to join our list.
- Category: News Story